Wednesday, August 19, 2009

OCTO...mom?

I just finished watching the Octomom special and I am moved to tears.... Not in a good way, I am not one to judge other mothers on their styles. But these poor children will NEVER have a chance at a normal life. I can see the therapists counting on their future earnings from that family.

Not to mention the ethical dilemma surrounding the conception and care of all 14 of her children.
What "doctor" would do this to a mentally unstable woman? Even if circumstances were ideal there is no way a family with ample money and time and TWO parents should be striving for SO many children.... But this woman has no PLAN no MONEY and no future for these poor children.

Also when I see the mother with her children I see a sad delusional woman who knows she has screwed her and her children's lives and now has no clue what to do. If it were me I dont know if I could even attempt to try to care for all 14 children.... What are they going to miss out on? Who can they look to for help and advice when their mother is consumed by the overwhelming task of having so many children?

I think the entire situation is sad and unfortunate. I ray that those children come through childhood and adolescence unscathed and become productive useful adults....

Ugh, I dont have much more to say on the matter. I am now off to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment