Wednesday, August 19, 2009

playdate

So, I take my kids to a weekly play date of sorts. It is held here on our base and it is hit or miss of weather people will actually show up. I have a few dilemmas about play dates though. First is that I always wonder why it is that "craft" time is made so that the craft is difficult enough that the Mom has to step in and "help"..... Then my kid looks like an art genius and I have glitter all over me! Lol why cant they just make the crafts at these things more accessible to the lil ones. Like i dunno edible glue and NO feathers.....

Also I have noticed a great number of mommies coming in and sharing the latest and greatest gossip while their little one plays. It becomes the cocktail hour for the wives here on base. We have found an outlet to let our kids run around like orphaned wild children while we find out about who has the most hideous shoes for the military ball or who's car was parked outside whos house when hubby was at work! Ok I wll admit I partake occasionally in conversations but please ladies we must leave some discretion and keep our dirty laundry where it belongs.... at home! :-)

And I am also a bit confused on edicate for the parent towards other peoples children. If your kid hits mine I have thoughts of an upper cut to that kids jaw! JK no but seriously if their child act inappropriately and they do nothing about it even when well aware what do we as parents do? Do we condone the act, tell our kids to hit back or do we take matters in our own hands and tell the little snot to back off!?
If my little girl lays a FINGER on another kid her butt is in the corner.....

But I notice many Moms like to be the Martha Steward of the play group, with their designer clothes and polished nails. Hunny I have No time for that crap, even if I did put away the nursing bra and pulled on some real clothing I could not keep it same from spit up long enough to make it in to play morning. I am lucky if my kids are fed dressed and wearing underwear, Some days it feels like high school all over again. Moms grouping with other moms getting the scoop and checking out the competition..... Come on! We all survived labor and birthing, we all raised them to the age that they can attend these play groups. So cant we just support each other and leave the kaddyness for the teen age group???

Well that is about all I have to say on play groups.... for now, I am needed by my son for a boobie snack....
I will be back with more questions and insight soon

Logging off
Liz

1 comment:

  1. We must be going to the same playgroup...ha, ha, ha...Glad I found your blog. I have one too. It's in Swedish, but I guess Google can translate it for you.

    ReplyDelete